Monday, October 11, 2010

A Sunday Afternoon on Lake Erie



One of the things that me and my girls do for fun is to go treasure hunting on the beaches of Lake Erie. We have a special treasure in mind....beach glass. My girls love to search the beach for these rare and amazing treasures. They hit the beach running to find the biggest piece of the day.



I love watching them just enjoy nature and a beautiful day!



For once, Lila found the biggest piece. That made her day, her big sis usually steals the moment.

It is amazing to think how long it takes the Lake to send this glass to shore. The pieces are beautiful and each one unique. I always wonder how old this piece of glass is or how long did it live in Lake Erie. Lake Erie sea glass "true sea glass" is cloudy and all the edges are completely rounded. I love the aqua blue pieces, they are my favorite.



As we were walking back from our adventure we saw the Canadian Geese, well fall is really here on the lake.


I think we all need to take the time to enjoy natures beauties.

Jennifer

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer, Love the look of your blog. Looks like you had a wonderful time at the lake.
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sea glass too, it's beautiful. Looks like you and the girls had a fantastic time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer,

    I just love every single picture. It must have been so much fun. The sea glass is amazing too. Great Show and Tell. Have a fantastic week.
    xoxo
    Janet
    Janet's Creative Pillows

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos...looks like an amazing day. We live near the ocean and when we go to the beach to look for sea glass it is one of my favorite times...the kids love it and we are reminded of how beautiful nature is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sea glass! When I was little and first picked up a piece of glass softened by the water, I was amazed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Caroline! It looks like you and I both had wonderful day trips that definitely showcased autumn! The girls are adorable! I remember when mine were that young, once upon a time... haha

    I'm so glad you enjoyed my Portsmouth, NH post! Have a wonderful week... Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like such a wonderful afternoon! Wow. I love the treasures you captured : )

    ReplyDelete